I looked at my teaching authorizations in the member's profile, and they are just plain wrong.  What can I do?

I'm sorry that the Shambhala Database (SDB) has your teaching authorizations wrong!  If it is wrong in the SDB, then you will not have been getting information from the Office of Practice and Education (OPE) like their quarterly newsletters. 

Only the OPE can change your teaching authorizations -- Luckily the SDB both allows you to check what they have in their records, and also helps you send them what they need to correct it.

What you can do to update your MI/Teaching profile is:
  1. Go to the members' view of the Shambhala database (
  2. Click "My Teaching Authorizations".
  3. On the Teaching Authorizations page, scroll down to the bottom and click "Propose changes to my teaching authorizations."    This will open a Change of teaching authorization form.
  4. Fill it out with as much detail as you can, and click submit.  It will go to Jill Scott at the Office of Practice and Education.
Once you do that, wait a couple of weeks, and if you don't see a change, contact Jill Scott and check in about it.